Guide Book Project
We are looking for photography that enhances the magical splendor and piques the curiosity of the Berkshires. With this project we hope to inspire other to enjoy the area and learn where and how to photograph its many locales. The Berkshires is filled with abundant scenic opportunities that are saturated in beauty and energized with adventure. It thrives in all seasons and times of day. The book aims to expose that culture and foster that the Berkshires is the destination for anyone with a camera to visit, learn, create, and gather together.
Submission deadline is Sunday, Jan 15, 2017 at 11:59 pm with a publication planned for Spring 2017.
- Only photography taken within the Berkshires, Massachusetts will be considered for inclusion.
- Images must be recent enough to be recognizable to the Berkshires.
- Submissions must include narrative text about the photograph. (Who, what, where, why, when, and how.)
- Entries should be unique, stimulating, and attractive, in both imagery and narrative, promoting the Berkshires and photography in general.
- If advanced photographic techniques and/or post processing is used, please include a brief description of such.
Purpose of the Guide Book
- To provide a yearly, all-season guide to photographing location sites within the Berkshires of Massachussetts (both well and little known)
- To showcase the work of contributing photographers who share their tips for photography, scenes and venues.
- To inform in-county residents and visitors of the many resources and opportunities available to photographers.
- There is no cost to enter your work.
- Volunteer efforts will be used to produce the book.
- We will use a revenue sharing model to defray the costs of publication.
- Marketing strategies in addition to free social media avenues will be evaluated by the steering committee.
- The book will be published and sold (price yet to be determined) on Blurb.
- Both printed copies as well as popular eBook file compatibility options will be offered.
- The option of printing a limited run of inventory and distributing locally will be considered by the steering committee and will be dependent on its economic feasibility.
- Social media and web sites will be heavily used to promote the book.
- Future publication and editions will be based on both continued interest in the project and revenues generated by the sale of the guide.
- All entrants will be given the opportunity whether or not to be included in future publications.